Château du Glana – Saint-Julien 2019


In stock

A wine full of finesse and freshness, Château du Glana 2019 has excellent ageing potential.

Country of Origin: France
Growing Region: Bordeaux
Producer: Château du Glana
Grape Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
Vintage: 2019

Category: SKU: hub-10307837-1-IB-STOCK-N


Château du Glana 2019 is elegant, medium bodied, with fine tannins and excellent ageing potential. With aromas of crushed blueberries, smoky currants, and hints of bay leaf. Comprised of 72% Cabernet Sauvignon and 28% Merlot, this wine is full of finesse and freshness with a long, spicy finish. 2019 was a very good vintage with a mild winter, hot summer, and long ripening season thanks to a warm and sunny September. With 12 months of ageing in 40% new French oak, this is a wine full of promise. Can be drunk with real pleasure now or cellared for future enjoyment.

Located on the Route des Grands Vins, Château du Glana sits between the villages of Beychevelle and Saint-Julien. Owned by the Meffre family since 1961, the estate is now run by Julien & Ludovic, the grandsons of original creator, Gabriel Meffre. In the vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon, a typical Medoc grape variety providing structure and ageing potential, accounts for 65% of plantings. Merlot, a variety that offers roundness and flesh, accounts for the remaining 35%. With 59-hectares under vine – practically all in one piece – and an average vine age of 25 years, the wines of Château du Glana are well-balanced, velvety, and complex, and can be appreciated in their youth or enjoyed in years to come.

Additional information

Country of Origin


Grape Varietal





Bottle Size




Type of Wine